Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shipwreck Beach and Brimstone Hill

Hello.  I'm sitting in my living room currently watching Big Brother.  Today, I woke up at 6:15am and headed off to orientation.  We spent the day sitting in one of our lecture hall, getting talked to about life on the island, security, etc.  I learned that drunk driving is only frowned upon here and you'll only get a ticket for it if you hit somebody.  Although, they highly recommend against it.  I also learned that all Kittitans think that American girls are promiscuous and that AIDS is rampant here.  There's signs along the road addressing the issue.  Because the island gets American TV, they think that all Americans are rich and crazy, getting their opinions from shows like Gossip Girl and Soap Operas.  We got our financial aid check, which means we're all rich again.  At least for the moment.  I came home to find a monkey standing at my front door.  That was a new one.  After orientation, my orientation group went to Brimstone Hill and the beach.  Brimstone Hill is the fort on the island and it's on the top of the hill, which means amazing views.

After Brimstone Hill, we went to Shipwreck Beach, where we swam while the sun went down.  We all felt cold for once and realized that the ocean felt like bath water. 

 We're all having an amazing time.  Tomorrow's a really long day, with orientation in the morning, a trip to the bank to deposit our financial check, then to the movie theater for a free movie, and out to dinner at Ziggy's.  On Saturday, we get to go out on the catamaran trip and Sunday, we have off to prepare for school.  Although, I think we're heading to the Marriott that day to play a little bingo.  I'm almost done with my YouTube video and I'm hoping to upload it on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment