Saturday, September 25, 2010

Histology/Embryology

It's Saturday night, September 25th (My half birthday!), 8:30ish pm.  I've survived officially a month on St. Kitts and it feels like I've barely been here a few days.  Not much has changed.  We all live day to day in order to keep up with classes, studying, and the stress that comes with both.  I'm starting to find time for breaks and fun time, like watching Glee and Grey's Anatomy this week with my friends, heading to the movie theater on Friday night to see "The Town" and taking a two hour study break tomorrow to head to the beach in the morning.  I realized that Vet School, besides the studying, is really a six-day a week job.  On Saturday's, I'm basically on campus reviewing and going to tutoring sessions from 10:30am-3pm.  Thursday's during the week are my worst days, arriving on campus at about 7:30am and leaving at 7:00pm.  But as long as I take it day by day, I'm okay.  I've never appreciated weekends more than I do now.  If it's not the catch up days, then it's the break days.
I hear that it's starting to get cold back home.  It was 88 degrees today.  As it was yesterday.  And I'm sure it will be the same tomorrow.  It's always "hot, hot, hot" as the weatherman says.
We had our first PAWS adoption day today and I fought the urge to adopt a dog, although I know it will happen sometime next semester.  But I bought Kodi his Christmas present... a "My mom is a Ross Vet" collar and leash.  I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
On Monday, I have my first Veterinary School midterm, Histology/Embryology and we all feel really good about it.  I guess we'll see what grade I actually get to see how I'm holding on.  A week after that on October 4th is our first anatomy exam.  That's the big one that everyone stresses about.  Wednesday, October 6th is our first physiology exam.  And a week after that is our first Nutrition exam.  Nutrition is the class that people have the most trouble passing so we'll see how I do.
On Friday, my group of friends and I found a path in the woods on the edge of campus.  We went down there and found this.  This is a picture of my lunch break on campus.  It's not so bad :)

I hope you're all enjoying the last week of September.  I'm sure I'll spend it studying.  Talk to you all soon.  Love you all and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment